What to Bring
Updated June 24, 2023
⭐️ Please write your name on all personal gear
iPods/tablets/cell phones cannot be used from Burns to camp or anytime during camp
Enjoy a technology free environment 🙂
- SLEEPING BAG (include a blanket if your sleeping bag will not keep you warm in possible sub 40 degree nights)
- BACKPACKING MATTRESS or FOAM PAD
- SMALL (day) BACK PACK (large enough to carry sack lunch, 2 qt. size water bottles or 2 ltr. camelback, and other miscellaneous items… Waist strap recommended) NO STRING OR SPIKE BAGS
- WORKOUT CLOTHES & SWEATS (a few changes; yes, it could get cold) NO tank tops or muscle shirts
- RAINGEAR (so it won’t rain), GLOVES or MITTENS (so it won’t snow)
- SHIRTS, PANTS, SHORTS (to prevent sunburn, please bring light colored shirts that cover your shoulders
- SOCKS at least a dozen pair (plan on throwing them away when you get home)
- HAT WITH BRIM or BASEBALL CAP light colored (REQUIRED WEAR due to sun) NO VISORS
- WORKOUT SHOES (a couple of pairs) If new, make sure they are broken in!!!
- SWIMSUIT & TOWEL
- PERSONAL TOILETRY ITEMS (toothpaste, biodegradable shampoo, etc.)
- SUNSCREEN and CHAPSTICK and A BIG SMILE
- INSECT REPELLENT
- DIRTY CLOTHES BAG with your name on it
- FLASHLIGHT or HEADLAMP with new batteries
- CUP (12 oz. for drinking hot and cold liquids)
- WATER BOTTLES (2 – 32 oz. size) and/or HYDRATION VEST (2 ltr. or greater)
- WATER FILTRATION DEVICE (if you have one – we recommend something like this) or a few water purification tablets. A small device is enough for several teammates to share if needed (only to be used on the Big Day – may not end up being used)
- ENERGY BARS / TRAIL FOOD for the Big Day (you’ll be on the trail from 7:30am to 4-6pm)
ATTENTION: Campers who have allergies or have reactions to bee stings must bring appropriate
medication and/or bee sting injection kits.
ATTENTION: Campers who are taking Rx medication(s) must bring in original bottle(s).
A limited number of Steens Mt. Camp Designer Nike Short Sleeved ($45) and Long Sleeve T-Shirts ($50), Hooded Pullover Sweatshirts ($60) Steens Lanyards ($10) Steens Designer Stickers ($5) SteensCamper Coffee Cups ($15-25) will be available for purchase at the Camps Location Only.
No online sales. No credit card sales. Check or Cash only.
Optional T-shirt swap: Bring a running/racing/school t-shirt to swap with a fellow camper. (Harland likes real old ones, he has been known to trade a camp deposit or even a partial camp fee for some early 70’s or 80’s vintage t-shirts/etc.)